Flame Resistant Carbon (FRC)
The FRC garment consists of a flame-retardant activated carbon cloth that absorbs a large quantity of organic or inorganic molecules from various gases and liquids and acts as a high absorption layer, a method of separation or as a protective layer.
This activated carbon is comprised of a vast network of extremely porous structure that allows for increased absorption due to large surface area. The activated carbon cloth has a microporous structure which results in rapid absorption kinetics and has the capability to absorb to a higher level of impurities. In addition, unlike granular activated carbons, the STEDAIR ® FRC is suitable for applications where there is a high level of humidity, as its adsorption capacity is highly resilient against moisture.
- Increased Breathability
- Flame and Heat Resistant
- Improved Mobility
- Aerosol Barrier
- Antimicrobial and antifungal protection
- Air permeable
- Police and tactical response units
- Security and crowd control at high risk public events
- Decontamination line operations
- Evacuation use out of contamination zone
- Emergency medical technicians
- Military special operations